Nobody likes that white fluff that falls from the trees at this time of year, but a new concern with it popped up in Drumheller on the weekend.
Last Friday evening around 8:30 p.m. fire crews were called out to the Rivergrove Campground just north of the Gordon Taylor Bridge.
"A camper had got a fire pit going and it got into that white fluff," explained Fire Chief Bruce Wade. "That is just like gasoline, so it got into the trees."
"We responded with our pump and our quick attack grass fire truck and about ten firefighters and had it out fairly quickly," he reported. "(There was) no damage to anything."
Wade added things have been pretty dry of late and the tree pollen just makes things worse.
"Especially that white fluff; it is highly flammable and people, I don't think, realize how quickly it can spread so if people have fires, be really aware of it."
Wade says it's always a good idea to have water, or a source of water close at hand to any bonfires or campfires.